It has become a very common phenomenon when a normal blog started for fun developed into a big online community attracting a lot of visitors. This sudden increase in traffic requires a lot of disk space as well as requires outgrowing the dedicated server as well as its hosting package which is required to handle such load. It is very easy to take care of a small blog or website but in case your website turns out into a big success, they you would require a dedicated web hosting service. But the main question that arises at this point is whether you should go for managed web hosting service or unmanaged web hosting service.
In order to clear out this doubt we have brought to you the pros as well as the cons of both managed and unmanaged web hosting services which is going to give you a clear idea which service you require to manage your bog or site easily. If you want to know more about Bluehost read Bluehost reviews on HostingDecisions.com.
Managed Hosting is simple taking care of each and everthing in your website related to WordPress. It is not a very easy task as it implies a lot of effort in keeping the site or blog updated every time. The plug-in, themes, links etc. are the things that are needed to be taken care of, which are beautifully done by managed Hosting services.
- You website or blog remain up to date.
- Speed Optimization is very important for a successful website. More number of visitors slows down the website. So the managed web hosting service takes care that you blog or site is never slow in speed.
- Backup is very important which is well maintained by Managed services in case any unfortunate occur with your site.
- Support and security are two major factors that are well managed by the Managed hosting services by keeping your data protected from hackers and providing customer support at any time.
- Price or cost of the plan that you want to take of these services is mostly very high. This is one of the biggest cons so managed web hosting websites.
- When you hand over your website to the managed hosting services, you lose most of your control over your website which is transferred on to the managing service.
Unmanaged Web Hosting Services
In unmanaged hosting the user need to create his own team which is capable of managing the website or blog. Along with the team he also needs to buy and manage the servers on his own. Also one needs to deal with all the types of issues that comes associated with them. But this does not mean that unmanaged Webhosting service comes with only cons. There are few plus points also that we would like to discuss.
- Unmanaged hosting services give you complete control over your site.
- It is much cheaper than managed web hosting services.
- You have the sole access to you data and complete freedom to alter it according to your wish.
- It wastes a lot of your time.
- You have to create an extra backup of all your data.
- It requires a lot of expertise to manage all the functions on your own.
- You do not have the reliable service to ask for help in case something goes wrong.
So these were the pros and cons of Managed and Unmanaged web hosting service which may help out a bit to clear out the basic doubts that most of the users have while choosing whether to chose managed or unmanaged web hosting service. You can get huge discount on Bluehost hosting, use Bluehost coupons 2014 for any hosting plans like Shared hosting, VPS or Pro also. You will get maximum Discount.